The friends you thought you knew.

My mother told me once that people don't change. I used to agree with her. There are some things about a person that will stick with them for the rest of their life. But as time went by, I found that the friends I had made previously were no longer the friends I desired to be with anymore. They had become egotistical, vain, and downright rude. Where had the people I had loved to spend time with gone? 

I blame you entertainment. 

Everyone knows there is an 'image' that the entertainment industry puts out that so many people aspire to be. The delude themselves thinking this is right, this is what society wants, and most of the time, it's true, because society has accepted whatever the entertainment industry puts out. 

Well I think it's ridiculous. A healthy woman should not be a size double 0. Actually did you know that the sizes of today have been reduced? Any seamstress would know this. The size 0 is probably in reality a size 4 or 6. Just look at patterns, they're based off of original measurements. I'm probably two or three sizes larger than what I find at department stores. The clothing industry just downsized it to make women feel better about themselves. I think it's a wretched move.

Anyway, due to influences in music and pop culture, my 'friends' now act and talk with their nose so high in the air I wonder how they don't get crooks in their necks. They easily put down each other and brush it off as a sick joke. They reprimand my kind words and blow me off. I started losing trust in them as they became flaky and 'trolled' others at parties with their terrible gift ideas. 

Why do people talk down to their own friends now? Why do girl friends call each other bitches and sluts so casually? Why do men get a kick out of ridiculous stunts that they know will end up in pain? It irks me to no end. Is everyone that insecure about themselves they have to verbally lynch their friends? I have gone through almost every type of 'crowd' seeing the same thing, and I wonder if the world has any knowledge of 'etiquette' and manners anymore. 

Where are the men and women of yesterday? Who wrote thank you notes after every function and threw amazing parties that didn't even involve booze (well maybe wine, but at least that's in good taste) and drugs?

For anyone reading this, thank you for your time, please comment if you have any thoughts regarding the post!

0 comments:

Post a Comment